Trying to sell your Riverside mobile home soon? In the mobile home market… that’ll be tough. That’s because buyers are few and thin. And the majority can’t get financing on a used mobile home. So that narrows your buyer pool to only cash buyers. It may require a little time and effort, but in the long run, a little work can get your mobile home sold fast! IE Mobile Home Buyer has compiled three great tips (with some tricks in between) in getting your property to stand out and ready to sell in the Riverside .
Using The 5 Senses
Without knowing it, buyers make their decision on the house very quickly and base that decision on the 5 senses. Obviously, you’ll want the visual appearance to be greater than most, but it’ll be a good idea to also consider what these possible buyers will feel, hear, smell, and even taste!
- What they hear… play background music during open houses. If you live in a younger, trendy area, play something more modern. If it is an older neighborhood, classical, big band and the standards can be a great option. Take the opposite approach, if you walked into a mobile home that you are looking to buy… and all you hear are the neighbors screaming and blaring loud music, that might turn you the other way
- What they smell… this one can be a biggy. Imagine walking into a property and the there was a hint of cat urine smell in the air, everything else is looking fabulous but there’s this hint of smell and it’s like cat nails scratching on the chalkboard (no pun intended!)… the price is great but that smell..! When selling your manufactured home, you should think about touching up the smell of your home a bit. If that means cleaning then clean. If that requires some fragrances than go out and get fragrances. But, you don’t want to overwhelm your home in fragrances. Consider fragrances that are the majority of people like. Most enjoy the smell of fresh bread or chocolate chip cookies. Or if you decide to use a candle or incense, keep it lit and use one with a mild fragrance. Vanilla or Citrus are popular choices that won’t be too over powering on your there noses.
- What they taste… this one may sound strange but it works. Remember when we used the smell of cookies to enlighten the noses… homeowners can use the taste of baked goods to enlighten their perception of their home. Maybe you coincidently have some cookies baking along with some other light but great tasting appetizers. People may not remember the color of your crown molding, but they will remember a great tasting cookie!
- What they touch… your potential buyers may not physically touch many items in the home, but the things they do touch shouldn’t feel old, dirty, or outdated. Think of the door knobs, handles on cabinets, glasses, and faucet handles. These things should have a “good texture to them.” They should be clean, and they shouldn’t have the paint coming off them, or they’re old and have a strange texture to it. These things can make the entire home feel unwelcome. Also, you can use a new soft blanket on the sofa. Add oversized feathered pillows to the bed, making it look beyond cozy. Think of the touches you would find in a high-end hotel, and incorporate these items into your home.
Make it A Celebration Instead of Another Boring Open House
Open houses for mobile homes are few and far between. So just by making a couple open houses, you have already made yourself stand out. But if an open house is common in your area, then you may want to consider making yours different.
So many open houses are all the same. Consider making it more of a BBQ by hosting or cocktail party by. This will not only be memorable to your potential buyers, but it will help them to get a sense of what living in the mobile home will really feel like. You can also suggest to guests to try out the pool area (if your home is in a park) and other amenities.
Entertaining friends, serving great food and creating so much enjoyment within the manufactured home, that guests won’t want to leave is a great way to sell your Riverside mobile home fast!
Focus on Your Curb Appeal
First impressions are the biggest marketers. Everyone makes their judgment about people and objects within the first few seconds. Th look of your exterior can either make or break the deal. This will determine whether or not potential buyers even walk into your home.
Here are some quick tips:
- Plant some flowers. Pull weeds and keep it regularly clean.
- Paint if necessary. By doing the work yourself, you will save a ton of money and completely revitalize a worn out look.
- Repair/replace old looking aprons. Repair the stairs. Clean up the car port
- Make sure the furniture is clean, rust free and matches with the exterior of the home.
- Fix your light fixtures. mailbox, door knobs, address numbers should all look clean and bold.
Clean Up The Clutter…
Yes, you want to make your mobile home feel like a comfy home. Lots of things lying around, pictures on the fridge, boxes laying around, and mail lying on the table can bring down the value and appeal of your home. It also makes it look smaller. Pick up the clutter and personal items and hide it all away while buyers are in your home.
…. But, if all that just sounds like a pain, you can skip all the hassle if you just want to sell your mobile home ASAP with no hassle.
If you’re looking to sell a home in Mabank, then we’ve come across another mobile home buyer out in that area who does the same thing as us… so if by chance you’re needing to buy or sell a mobile home out in the Texas area, visit his site!